5 Steps to Perfecting a Home Aesthetic | How to Express Yourself Through Decorating | CosyHausClub
Oct 25, 2022
Creating an aesthetic for your home is a very personal thing. It's important to find a style that expresses who you are and what you love. When you have a space that reflects your personality and culture, it's easier to relax, be yourself and just be happy. Your home is also your safe space, so decorating it in a way that feels authentic to you will help you relax and feel at ease.
A lot of people decorate their homes with things that are important to them, or with things that inspire them. This can be anything from making sure the walls are covered in art from their favorite artists to filling their house with plants that remind them of home.
Decorating your home can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be, but no matter what style you choose, there are some simple tips that can help make decorating easier and more fun:
1) Take your time picking out furniture pieces—don't rush into anything right away! You'll end up creating a space that's not reflective of who you are if you don't take the time to think about what goes where.
2) Be honest with yourself about what kind of style or aesthetic feels right for your space—don't try too hard to fit in with trends if they don't make sense for who you are or what kind of vibe you're going for.
3) Choose colors that reflect your favorite color or even colors that remind you of something special or meaningful to you.
4) Be selective about your decorations. If you like flowers, then maybe you should add some floral accents throughout your space. If you love dogs, then why not add a dog-themed pillow or picture frame? Maybe you want to show off some of your favorite art pieces by displaying them on the walls or in different areas throughout the house. If so, then go ahead and do it!
5) Have fun with it! Your style may change and adapt overtime, so don’t feel stuck in having to keep to a specific style forever. Maybe consider upholstering any furniture you like or swapping out some colours here and there, in order to keep things fresh.
The possibilities really are endless when it comes to creating an aesthetic for your home. Just remember: no two people are alike and what works for one person might not work for another person who has completely different tastes than yours (which is totally okay!).
So when you're decorating your home, you should think about what YOU want out of life. What do YOU enjoy? What makes YOU happy? How can YOU express this in your home? Think about what makes YOU unique as a person and find ways to incorporate those things into your decorating plans! So just keep trying things out until eventually something clicks into places—and once it does? That will be when we know we've found our way home!